SOFT GEL TIPS WITH GELISH POLISH APPLICATION AND BASIC NAIL ART.
Application of soft gel tips nail enhancements, Gelish application and stamping, glitters, foils, pigments and anything that is applied to the nail quickly with no hand painting techniques involved.
If you need nail extensions but don’t have the time for a 2 hour appointment at the salon then Gelish Soft Gel Tips are for you and they look feel like your own nails… only better!
Gelish Soft Gel Tips create a high-quality enhancement and are designed to provide you with a comfortable and lightweight nail enhancement, without the possible damage of acrylic or hard gel, so are kinder to your natural nail.
They are made of special lighter than air Aprés jelly-like material, which is super flexible and designed to move with the contour of the natural nail for a perfect fitting, stronger and more break-resistant design. This enhancement can last up to 3 weeks. A great healthier alternative to acrylics.
The new Gelish Soft Gel and Soft Gel Tips is an enhancement system that uses gel products to bond a full ready shaped nail tip to the natural nail. The products work together to create a light-cured, preshaped nail enhancement.
The tips, which are designed to cover the natural nail from cuticle to free edge, are constructed out of a soft jellylike material that allow them to move with the contour of the natural nail for durability and flexibility. They come in different lengths and styles: Round, Coffin and Stiletto.
The Soft Gel Tips are adhered to the nail using an LED curable Gel Tip Adhesive, providing a premium bond. Once nails are adhered to the natural nails, Nicole or Esme will simply coat with gel polish to finish the service.
TREATMENT INFORMATION, ADVICE AND AFTERCARE
To achieve maximum benefits from your treatment, we recommend following some basic tips and advice.
- Nail extensions may take some time getting used to. Gradually you will get into the habit of using your hands in a different way and the it will start to feel as natural as your own nails.
Our top tips
- Try to give your nails a good clean beforehand. This will stop the therapist using valuable manicure-time doing it herself, so that she can get on with the good stuff!
- Rebalancing and infills of the extensions must be every 3 – 4 weeks. Leaving it longer may cause damage to your nails.
After your appointment
- Wear rubber gloves when you washing up and gardening. Hands being soaked in water, detergents and solvents can be harmful to the natural nail plate.
- Treat your new nails with care. Always avoid pulling backwards against the tips of the nails, this could cause injury or breakage.
- Avoid pulling your laundry out of the washer with your nails, take care with car doors, kitchen cupboards, ring pulls and switches as these can all cause breakages.
- Do not pick, peel, full or forcibly remove the product or nail tip, avoiding tapping with the nail extension, picking them off will remove layers from the natural nail bed leaving damaged natural nails.
- If the nail enhancement is lifting or damaged and this is ignored it could lead to a bacterial infection, do not pick it off as damage will be done to natural nail. Make an appointment as soon as possible for your therapist to check it over and repair.
- Massage cuticle oil into the cuticle area of nail at least once daily, this nourishes the natural nail, encouraging healthy nail growth. Always dry hands thoroughly and moisturise hands and cuticles.
- If applying nail polish over the nail extension always use a base coat first to avoid staining. Polish with non-acetone nail polish remover. Acetone can dissolve the nail enhancement and dull the shiny finish ruining them. Acetone should only be used for removals.
- Be careful when near extreme heat and naked flames as this can cause nail extension to melt.
- Tinted lotions, suntan creams, hair products and highly coloured foods can discolour nail enhancement so thoroughly wash hands after use or wear gloves to protect them.