MONU Resurface and Peel Facial
Our Resurface and Peel facial refreshes and replenishes the complexion with an active blend of natural acids, vitamins and essential oils. Dull complexions are eliminated and dead skin cells sloughed for an instant radiance renewal.
Rhe skin is cleansed and exfoliated. A Recovery Balm is applied to nostrils, eyes and lip area, the Resurface and Peel Paste is massaged into the skin and then the Peel Lotion is applied. A Hydrating Mask is applied whilst you enjoy a relaxing scalp massage. Once the mask is removed, Eye Cool Gel or Collagen Eye Cream is applied, along with Lip Balm and Recovery Balm. The treatment is finished with MONU Hydrating Moisturised SPF 15 and Rosewood Reviving Mist.
Peels, although great for mature skin, are also a welcome treat for anyone suffering with congestion, breakouts, acne, pigmentation and uneven skin tone. The powerful combination of Glycolic, Salicylic, Lactic and Citric acids deeply exfoliates to loosen stubborn dead skin cells, unblock pores and firm skin; revealing a brighter, more youthful appearance after just one peel.
The invigorating properties of Glycolic Acid react with the third layer of skin, breaking it down by dissolving intracellular glue and sloughing off dead skin cells to reveal a smoother, healthier and more refined complexion.
Salicylic Acid, derived from the Willow Tree, actively cleanses by swelling, softening and peeling the top layer of skin. Using it in the Peel ensures blocked pores are cleared and inflammation reduced to treat signs of congestion, breakouts and blemishes.
The innovative combination of Lactic and Citric Acid further aids in the shedding of dead skin cells whilst treating pigmentation by gently lightening the skin. Fruit acids are also rich in Vitamin C to enhance collagen production; firming fine lines and restoring a youthful radiance.
The addition of Sodium Bicarbonate in the paste gently exfoliates the skin to stimulate cell regeneration and awaken the complexion.
A revitalising blend of citrus essential oils will energise the skin whilst soothing irritation and uplifting the senses.
To achieve maximum benefits from your treatment, we recommend following some basic tips and advice.
Skin care specialists recommend that people have a professional facial about every four to six weeks, however, we understand that the period of time between facials is determined by skin type, age, your environment, and what you hope to achieve.
Our top tip
It is never a good idea to have a facial a few days before a wedding or night out! Sometimes a facial can bring out more spots, so the skin may become worse before it gets better, your skin will improve (what you have to keep in mind is that some of the products we use will bring out all the dirt and impurities from your skin).
After your appointment
- It is recommended that you do not apply makeup for up to 12 hours after your treatment to allow the skin to fully absorb the products used in your treatment, it also allows the skin to ‘breathe’ so as not to clog the pores.
- Drinking plenty of water (1.5-2 litres per day) will greatly improve the skins complexion and help rid the body of toxins giving your skin a healthy glow.
- Try to avoid alcohol and caffeine where possible as these are highly dehydrating to theskin, resulting in dry, dull skin.
- Try to avoid sun exposure immediately after your treatment as the top layer of skin cells have been removed during your facial, therefore making your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
- Always protect your skin from UV light using an SPF on a daily basis, this will help prevent skin damage.
- Avoid sun beds and direct heat, such as saunas for 48hrs.
- Aim to eat a balanced diet including at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables per day.
- For increased results, use the recommended products advised during your treatment, aiming to cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin twice a day and exfoliate and apply a mask twice per week. This will improve your skin and ensure your facial treatment is more effective.