Prescriptive Facial – Available From August 2021
We recognise that everyone’s skin needs a little helping hand every now and then to revive, refresh and hydrate. The innovative and effective Prescriptive Facial has been developed to target common skin concerns whilst instantly balancing and refining texture and tone for a youthful glow.
The Prescriptive Facial offers the ideal multi-purpose treatment for all clients due to its ability to adapt to a variety of concerns.
Formulated with Sodium Hyaluronate, the MONU Gel Mask promises to boost moisture levels and deliver intense hydration to the skin. This youth-supporting active will keep skin soft, smooth and protected for a fresh, natural glow. The mask is blended with a deeply nourishing essential oil, determined from the therapists’ analysis of our clients’ skin. Our recommended essential oils are:
- Rose Essential Oil for dry, dehydrated or sensitive skin types. Rose essential oil will reduce the appearance of blemishes and imperfections on the skin whilst restoring moisture to promote an even skin tone and fresh complexion.
- Bergamot Essential Oil ideal for normal/combination skin types, it works to distress and soothe with its calming aroma. Bergamot clarifies the complexion to promote healthy, clear skin.
- Lemon Essential Oil is perfect for treating oily or spot-prone skin. It naturally cleanses and purifies, supporting healthy respiratory functions and promoting a positive mood. Skin is toned, balanced and refreshed.
The addition of Algae Extract and Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice will firm, tone and plump the skin, restoring hydration to dry areas and reducing visible signs of ageing to create an even base to apply makeup.
For optimum results, we advise clients to maintain this facial every 4 weeks
To achieve maximum benefits from your treatment, we recommend following some basic tips and advice.
Skin care specialists recommend that people have a professional facial about every four to six weeks, however, we understand that the period of time between facials is determined by skin type, age, your environment, and what you hope to achieve.
Our top tip
It is never a good idea to have a facial a few days before a wedding or night out! Sometimes a facial can bring out more spots, so the skin may become worse before it gets better, your skin will improve (what you have to keep in mind is that some of the products we use will bring out all the dirt and impurities from your skin).
After your appointment
- It is recommended that you do not apply makeup for up to 12 hours after your treatment to allow the skin to fully absorb the products used in your treatment, it also allows the skin to ‘breathe’ so as not to clog the pores.
- Drinking plenty of water (1.5-2 litres per day) will greatly improve the skins complexion and help rid the body of toxins giving your skin a healthy glow.
- Try to avoid alcohol and caffeine where possible as these are highly dehydrating to theskin, resulting in dry, dull skin.
- Try to avoid sun exposure immediately after your treatment as the top layer of skin cells have been removed during your facial, therefore making your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
- Always protect your skin from UV light using an SPF on a daily basis, this will help prevent skin damage.
- Avoid sun beds and direct heat, such as saunas for 48hrs.
- Aim to eat a balanced diet including at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables per day.
- For increased results, use the recommended products advised during your treatment, aiming to cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin twice a day and exfoliate and apply a mask twice per week. This will improve your skin and ensure your facial treatment is more effective.