Natural Facelift Massage
A deeply relaxing treatment, helping to reduce stress and rejuvenate the skin.
The treatment is a combination natural face lift massage, techniques from India, Japan and Tibet are all fused together into one highly relaxing face massage treatment. The blend of these massage techniques, tones the facial muscles, eases tension, smooths away fine lines, increases elasticity and releases toxins, which act as a natural facelift with no need for surgery, helping you to look and often feel younger.
Many people suffer facial tension which builds up in the facial muscles causing puffiness, lines and wrinkles, so without surprise this is a very popular sought-after treatment. The Japanese and Indian influences treat the facial meridians, which treat the balance of health in the whole body, including the flow of energy, Chi or Ki, in the face.
- Increases blood circulation, enabling capillaries to deliver nutrients more efficiently to the skin’s surface
- Gives the face a youthful glow
- Stimulates the nervous system Improves lymphatic flow
- Reduces puffiness
- Strengthens and tones muscles, helping prevent sagging skin and fine lines, gives the face more definition, in particular the jaw line
- Repairs and balances the condition of the skin, minimising the ageing process
- Can help with headaches, sinus pain and eye strain
- Leaves the mind alert and clear
Results can be seen after one treatment, (ideal for special occasions), for optimum results we recommend 4 – 6 treatments at weekly intervals, then maintenance every 4 weeks.
Please note. It is advisable not to wear contact lenses during the treatment or to have this treatment if you have had botox or fillers in the last 12 weeks
TREATMENT INFORMATION, ADVICE AND AFTERCARE
To achieve maximum benefits from your treatment, we recommend following some basic tips and advice.
With all our therapies, a one-off treatment will always be beneficial, especially when particularly stressed. However, the best way to reduce stress levels and maintain balance and wellbeing is to incorporate regular treatments into your lifestyle. Our recommendation is to have an initial course of treatments either on a weekly or bi-weekly basis and then regular monthly treatments. Full aftercare advice is given during your treatment.
If you are unsure which treatment to choose please contact our therapists for advice and to discuss your options further.
Professional holistic and complimentary therapies are not meant to replace any medication, medical treatments or regular check-ups with your GP.
Our top tips
You can expect to feel relaxed and calm after a treatment, try to arrange to have your massage when you have a little time to enjoy its benefits.
Do not shower or bathe directly after a treatment for at least 6 – 8 hours. The essential oils used, need to penetrate the skin in order to be absorbed into the system to achieve optimum results.
Discuss the possibility of other treatment options with your therapist to assist with stress and other conditions, if necessary.
Remember Louise’s golden rule of “Drink plenty of water to assist in the elimination of toxins from the body”.
Before your appointment
To gain maximum benefit from Natural Face Lift techniques, skin needs to be free of foundation, although eye make-up (as long as not outside of the eye socket) and lipstick are not a problem.
Please remove contact lenses and leave all your worries behind you!
After your appointment
- It is recommended that you do not apply makeup for up to 12 hours after your treatment to allow the skin to fully absorb the products used in your treatment, it also allows the skin to ‘breathe’ so as not to clog the pores.
- Drinking plenty of water (1.5-2 litres per day) will greatly improve the skins complexion and help rid the body of toxins giving your skin a healthy glow.
- Try to avoid caffeine where possible as these are highly dehydrating to the skin, resulting in dry, dull skin.
- Try to avoid sun exposure immediately after your treatment as the top layer of skin cells have been removed during your facial, therefore making your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
- Always protect your skin from UV light using an SPF on a daily basis, this will help prevent skin damage.
- Get plenty of rest. You may feel tired after treatment, allow time to rest and relax mentally and physically.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking for at least 24 hours, as this is a detoxifying treatment.
- Cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin twice a day and exfoliate and apply a mask twice per week.
- If oils have been used in your hair apply shampoo to hair before wetting it and massage into hair, this will help dissolve the oil easier.
Occasionally, you may experience any of the following reactions up to 24-48 hours after treatment; this is known as a contra-action or a ‘Healing Reaction’ and is the body’s response to the treatment:
- Localised tenderness, aching or soreness within the muscles.
- Dizziness or nausea.
- Flu like symptoms.
- Increased trips to the toilet.
- Increased thirst.
- Fatigue, restlessness and inability to settle/sleep and a disrupted sleeping pattern.
- Feeling tearful.
These reactions are uncommon but perfectly normal and show that toxins are being expelled from the body, so that it may re-balance and cleanse itself, and you will feel a greater sense of well- being afterwards. If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact us on 01458 835952.
Drinking water or herbal teas can help speed up this process and reduce symptoms.
Please take the time to tell us if you experienced any of the above the next time you come for a treatment, so you can get the best possible treatment.
In the unlikely event that you experience any severe pain or discomfort, please seek advice from your GP.