Nail Extensions Colour With Gelish Finish
Includes shaping of nails, treatment of cuticles, application or infills in colour or french finish.
Our experienced therapists are trained to the highest industry standard and will advise you on your options and also help you decide on your chosen shape of round, square, squoval or stiletto.
Please note we cannot infill any nail extensions unless they have been applied at this salon.
TREATMENT INFORMATION, ADVICE AND AFTERCARE
To achieve maximum benefits from your treatment, we recommend following some basic tips and advice.
- Nail extensions may take some time getting used to. Gradually you will get into the habit of using your hands in a different way and the it will start to feel as natural as your own nails.
Our top tips
- Try to give your nails a good clean beforehand. This will stop the therapist using valuable manicure-time doing it herself, so that she can get on with the good stuff!
- Rebalancing and infills of the extensions must be every 3 – 4 weeks. Leaving it longer may cause damage to your nails.
After your appointment
- Wear rubber gloves when you washing up and gardening. Hands being soaked in water, detergents and solvents can be harmful to the natural nail plate.
- Treat your new nails with care. Always avoid pulling backwards against the tips of the nails, this could cause injury or breakage.
- Avoid pulling your laundry out of the washer with your nails, take care with car doors, kitchen cupboards, ring pulls and switches as these can all cause breakages.
- Do not pick, peel, full or forcibly remove the product or nail tip, avoiding tapping with the nail extension, picking them off will remove layers from the natural nail bed leaving damaged natural nails.
- If the nail enhancement is lifting or damaged and this is ignored it could lead to a bacterial infection, do not pick it off as damage will be done to natural nail. Make an appointment as soon as possible for your therapist to check it over and repair.
- Massage cuticle oil into the cuticle area of nail at least once daily, this nourishes the natural nail, encouraging healthy nail growth. Always dry hands thoroughly and moisturise hands and cuticles.
- If applying nail polish over the nail extension always use a base coat first to avoid staining. Polish with non-acetone nail polish remover. Acetone can dissolve the nail enhancement and dull the shiny finish ruining them. Acetone should only be used for removals.
- Be careful when near extreme heat and naked flames as this can cause nail extension to melt.
- Tinted lotions, suntan creams, hair products and highly coloured foods can discolour nail enhancement so thoroughly wash hands after use or wear gloves to protect them.