Laser Hair Removal Patch Test
Our SHR laser hair removal treatments are safe, superfast and pain free and designed to cause long lasting damage to hair follicles preventing the regrowth of hair. A treatment is gentle and comfortable, resulting in a pleasant warming of the skin, active skin cooling through the applicator ensures complete comfort even in the most sensitive areas.
Each treatment affects approximately 30% of the hair within the target area results, although hair will become finer just from the very first treatment, once the hair follicle has been destroyed it cannot grow new hair. We recommend a minimum of 6 treatments, with some hair types requiring more.
Treatments should ideally take place at regular intervals, smaller areas and the face can be treated at 2 – 4 week intervals whilst the chest, back and legs may be treated every 8 weeks.
A sensitivity patch test and consultation are required a minimum of 48 hours before a treatment can take place.
If you do not attend a patch test appointment and you have already booked your treatment that appointment will be cancelled by the salon, and payment may still be required in line with the salon’s terms and conditions.
TREATMENT INFORMATION, ADVICE AND AFTERCARE
If you have a reaction to the patch test please advises us as soon as possible.
To achieve maximum benefits from your treatment, we recommend following some basic tips and advice.
Before your appointment
- The area to be treated must be clean and free from all topical solutions. Please shave the area 2-12 hours prior to treatment. Shaving immediately prior to treatment May cause extra sensitivity to the skin and we advise to allow plenty of time prior to appointment.
- Tanned skin can be treated provided the tan is not active. Therefore, avoid direct sun exposure to the area being treated for at least 3 days prior to treatment. Sensitive or sunburned skin will not be treated.
- The use of tanning creams must be discontinued 2 weeks before treatment.
- You must avoid bleaching, plucking or waxing hair for 4 weeks prior to treatment and do not wax, epilate or pluck or remove hair by any other means than shaving during the course of the treatment. You must avoid the use of essential oils for 48 hours prior to treatment.
- Do not use Depilatory creams 1 week prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores you may take your usual medication 5 days before and 5 days after treatment.
- If you have been on antibiotics, we ask that you leave 2 weeks between finishing the course and having a SkinPULSE SHR treatment.
After your appointment
- In the unlikely event you experience any redness or swelling after your treatment, apply a soothing lotion such as aloe vera or cool pack at home if required.
- We advise that you do not shave or apply deodorants /perfumes to the treated area for 24- 48 hours post treatment.
- We advise that you avoid very hots baths, sauna, hot tubs/jacuzzi, massage treatments or athletic activities for 2-3 days after treatment.
- Your skin may have increased sensitivity to the sun and we recommend that you use a factor 30+ sunscreen and avoid direct sun exposure on the treated area and sunbeds for at least 4 days after your treatment. If you experience (rarely) itching in the treated area, avoid scratching the skin. You can take an antihistamine e.g. Piriton to alleviate the irritation.
- We advise not using any skincare that contains AHA, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid or Rertinoic Acid (e.g. Retin A) for 3-5 days following treatment.
- We recommend that you always maintain a good skincare routine with frequent hydration or moisturisation on a daily basis.
- If you have any concerns or seek further advice please contact your trained Cosmedico SkinPULSE SHR practitioner at the salon.