With a Brazilian most of the hair is taken from around the front and sides, but the middle (labia) and around the back is left alone. Don’t be embarrassed it’s nothing we haven’t seen before!
We use vegan wax and a range of products that are uniquely healing, soothing and nourishing.
TREATMENT INFORMATION, ADVICE AND AFTERCARE
To achieve maximum benefits from your treatment, we recommend following some basic tips and advice.
Before your appointment
- Determine what type of wax you want beforehand. There are various different results you can achieve through waxing your intimate area, from a simple bikini wax to a full Hollywood wax. If you can’t decide what you want then don’t worry, contact us and a therapist will help guide you.
- Make sure your hair is long enough to wax. Ideally the hair should be at least a quarter of an inch for the wax to fully remove the hair from the root.
- Try and avoid booking your appointment during your premenstrual cycle. Your skin is often more sensitive around this time so it’s good to book your appointment a couple of days before or after your period.
- Stay away from alcoholic or caffeine fuelled drinks before your intimate wax. Although it may seem like a good idea to have a tipple before your intimate wax it’s best not to do this as alcohol and caffeine can actually make your skin more sensitive.
- If you’re really worried about the pain and haven’t had waxing before then take 1 or 2 paracetamols about 30-40 minutes before your appointment. This can help reduce the surface discomfort.
After your appointment
Immediately after your intimate wax
It’s completely normal for people to experience a little redness in the intimate area. Don’t worry, this
is a temporary reaction and should subside within a few hours.
Because the waxing procedure removes hair from the root it’s vital that you keep the area clean and bacteria free. This means for the 24 hours after your intimate wax:
- Avoid sunbathing or tanning beds. If you are lucky enough to be going on holiday, try to book your intimate wax a day or two before you jet off.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools, spa baths or saunas.
- Avoid the use of lotions, perfumes, tanning products, especially fragranced or alcohol- based products.
- Ensure to keep the area clean and dry and try not to touch the waxed area.
- Try to wear loose fitting clothing.
- Avoid any excessive exercise as perspiration can clog the hair follicles.
3 – 10 Days after your intimate wax
In this time your skin closes over the follicles. This is when the new and often softer hair can get trapped under the skin so now is the time to prevent those pesky ingrown hairs. A few simple measures can really help.
- Gently exfoliate your skin every 3-4 days.
- Keep your skin moisturised to help to keep your skin supple and help new hairs to break through.
- Don’t shave between waxing appointments. Shaving simply cuts the hair above the skin and will distort the hair growth cycle.
- If you do get an ingrown hair don’t pick it as this can cause scarring and infection.