Aromatic Facial – Available from August 2021
A soothing and beneficial treatment that is suitable for all skin types. A facial that will protect against life’s daily stresses with a treatment that incorporates a soothing facial massage.
This luxury treatment is packed full of ingredients that will help smooth, repair and aid absorption which will leave a protected film over the skin, it includes mask therapy and an exfoliation which are combined to promote skin radiance. A soothing massage to the face, neck and shoulders will leave you feeling calmed and relaxed.
The treatment incorporates the application of a warm compress to the face, soaked with an essential oil chosen to suit your clients skin concerns. We recommend Lavender to soothe, protect and balance, Lemon to detoxify and brighten or Geranium to increase circulation and calm inflammation.
Active ingredients include:
- Lavender Essential Oil helps soothe and protect the skin; its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties decongest and fight bacteria to reduce signs of blemishes and imperfections.
- Lemon Essential Oil, with its astringent and detoxifying nature, works as a gentle natural cleanser to reduce excess oil whilst removing dead skin cells to brighten and balance skin.
- Geranium Essential Oil calms and protects the skin, relaxing facial muscles and promoting circulation whilst purging toxins and dirt from the pores for an instant radiance renewal.
- Shea Butter This is fat extracted from the kernels of the African tree. Aids absorption of active ingredients and leaves a protective film on the skin.
- Papaya Enzymes These papaya fruit enzymes gently digest the dead skin cells. The extract is contained in glycospheres which have an affinity to the skin, therefore aiding penetration.
- Diatomaceous EarthComposed of silica; the shells of single cell microscopic algae. This material consists of micro-fine particles to eliminate dead skin cells and impurities. It provides a natural alternative to aluminium oxide crystals to refine the surface texture of the skin.
To achieve maximum benefits from your treatment, we recommend following some basic tips and advice.
Skin care specialists recommend that people have a professional facial about every four to six weeks, however, we understand that the period of time between facials is determined by skin type, age, your environment, and what you hope to achieve.
Our top tip
It is never a good idea to have a facial a few days before a wedding or night out! Sometimes a facial can bring out more spots, so the skin may become worse before it gets better, your skin will improve (what you have to keep in mind is that some of the products we use will bring out all the dirt and impurities from your skin).
After your appointment
- It is recommended that you do not apply makeup for up to 12 hours after your treatment to allow the skin to fully absorb the products used in your treatment, it also allows the skin to ‘breathe’ so as not to clog the pores.
- Drinking plenty of water (1.5-2 litres per day) will greatly improve the skins complexion and help rid the body of toxins giving your skin a healthy glow.
- Try to avoid alcohol and caffeine where possible as these are highly dehydrating to theskin, resulting in dry, dull skin.
- Try to avoid sun exposure immediately after your treatment as the top layer of skin cells have been removed during your facial, therefore making your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
- Always protect your skin from UV light using an SPF on a daily basis, this will help prevent skin damage.
- Avoid sun beds and direct heat, such as saunas for 48hrs.
- Aim to eat a balanced diet including at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables per day.
- For increased results, use the recommended products advised during your treatment, aiming to cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin twice a day and exfoliate and apply a mask twice per week. This will improve your skin and ensure your facial treatment is more effective.