Aromatherapy Facial – Coming Soon
Our bespoke aromatherapy facial treatment is a tailored facial specific to individual needs, using essential oils and aromatherapy skincare products that are blended fresh for you – every treatment, every time.
Your skin is thoroughly cleansed, exfoliated and toned using the combination of the finest pure essential oils and products and are applied with specifically designed massage techniques, to restore and recondition the skin, leaving the complexion smooth and luminous.
This treatment also includes a shoulder and head massage to release any tension and calm the mind.
Your skin is unique and not every facial matches every skin type or need, but this bespoke aromatherapy facial is suitable whatever your age or skin type – sensitive or dry, combination or oily, mature or hormonal skin, perhaps you have blemish prone skin or suffer from issues such as eczema or rosacea .
TREATMENT INFORMATION, ADVICE AND AFTERCARE
To achieve maximum benefits from your treatment, we recommend following some basic tips and advice.
With all our therapies, a one-off treatment will always be beneficial, especially when particularly stressed. However, the best way to reduce stress levels and maintain balance and wellbeing is to incorporate regular treatments into your lifestyle. Our recommendation is to have an initial course of treatments either on a weekly or bi-weekly basis and then regular monthly treatments. Full aftercare advice is given during your treatment.
If you are unsure which treatment to choose please contact our therapists for advice and to discuss your options further.
Professional holistic and complimentary therapies are not meant to replace any medication, medical treatments or regular check-ups with your GP.
Our top tips
Remember Lou’s golden rule of “Drink plenty of water to assist in the elimination of toxins from the body”.
It is never a good idea to have a facial a few days before a wedding or night out! Sometimes a facial can bring out more spots, so the skin may become worse before it gets better, your skin will improve (what you have to keep in mind is that some of the products we use will bring out all the dirt and impurities from your skin).
After your appointment
- It is recommended that you do not apply makeup for up to 12 hours after your treatment to allow the skin to fully absorb the products used in your treatment, it also allows the skin to ‘breathe’ so as not to clog the pores.
- Drinking plenty of water (1.5-2 litres per day) will greatly improve the skins complexion and help rid the body of toxins giving your skin a healthy glow.
- Try to avoid alcohol and caffeine where possible as these are highly dehydrating to theskin, resulting in dry, dull skin.
- Try to avoid sun exposure immediately after your treatment as the top layer of skin cells have been removed during your facial, therefore making your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
- Always protect your skin from UV light using an SPF on a daily basis, this will help prevent skin damage.
- Avoid sun beds and direct heat, such as saunas for 48hrs.
- Aim to eat a balanced diet including at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables per day.
- For increased results, use the recommended products advised during your treatment, aiming to cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin twice a day and exfoliate and apply a mask twice per week. This will improve your skin and ensure your facial treatment is more effective.
Occasionally, you may experience any of the following reactions up to 24-48 hours after treatment; this is known as a contra-action or a ‘Healing Reaction’ and is the body’s response to the treatment:
- Localised tenderness, aching or soreness within the muscles.
- Dizziness or nausea.
- Flu like symptoms.
- Increased trips to the toilet.
- Increased thirst.
- Fatigue, restlessness and inability to settle/sleep and a disrupted sleeping pattern.
- Feeling tearful.
These reactions are uncommon but perfectly normal and show that toxins are being expelled from
the body, so that it may re-balance and cleanse itself, and you will feel a greater sense of well-
being afterwards. If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact us on 01458 835952.
Drinking water or herbal teas can help speed up this process and reduce symptoms.
Please take the time to tell us if you experienced any of the above the next time you come for a treatment, so you can get the best possible treatment.
In the unlikely event that you experience any severe pain or discomfort, please seek advice from your GP.