RENU – Sculp and Lift Facial
This signature facial offers all the relaxing benefits associated with the tried and trusted MONU skincare treatment protocols along with the added benefit of new anti-aging formulations found in the RENU skincare range with the addition of LED ultrasound and light therapy that can be adjusted to meet the skins specific and individual needs.
Skin is cleansed and exfoliated, including a radiant skin peel as well as a relaxing foot and leg massage. Flash Relax Mask is applied alongside LED ultrasound and light therapy, a Nourishing Treatment Oil and Décolleté Massage. Lip and Eye Active Lift is applied followed by Deep Repair Complex, Restoring Cream and Instant Smoothing Serum.
For dry, sensitive or dehydrated skin, a deeply nourishing treatment mask is applied which provides 100% natural nutrients and proteins which have soothing anti-inflammatory ingredients. For slack or devitalised skin, a seaweed based mask is used to lift and relax the epidermis using minerals and trace elements.
Natural, genetic chrono- ageing- characterised by wrinkling, loss of firmness and radiance.
Photo- ageing, due UV damage- in particular UVA, which causes age spots and a premature decrease in elasticity.
Hormonal ageing- changes in the hormonal balance lead to undesirable skin changes affecting the natural moisture- retaining ability and elasticity of the skin.
Advanced Anti-aging- Genetic, Photo Ageing or Mature Skin.
The advanced approach to your anti-ageing needs. Restores suppleness and elasticity. Smooths fine lines, plumps deeper wrinkles and relaxes expression lines.
Active ingredients include:
Amino Acid Hydroxyproline – Amino Acids are the basic building blocks of the body helping to form thousands of different types of proteins. Hydroxyproline is essential in collagen formation. This amino acid stimulates the contraction of collagen fibres to help firm and plump up deeper lying wrinkles. It also protects the skin’s structure against degradation.
Wild Yam and Soya Extract- Both plants have long been used in a nutritional context for soothing the hormonal fluctuations that mature women experience. They are both natural phytosterols. Soya helps to increase the lipid content of the skin. Wild Yam stimulates collagen and elastin production.
Algae and Active Marine Magnesium- Part of the Chicory, Algae and Marine Magnesium complex. Magnesium works at the fine nerve endings. It acts to inhibit calcium which “contracts” the facial muscles resulting in expression lines. Marine magnesium helps to instantly relax expression lines.
Polysaccharides- These are molecules of neutrally charged sugars which are moisture binding and mimic the skin’s intercellular cementing. They provide structural support for the connective tissues.
To achieve maximum benefits from your treatment, we recommend following some basic tips and advice.
Skin care specialists recommend that people have a professional facial about every four to six weeks, however, we understand that the period of time between facials is determined by skin type, age, your environment, and what you hope to achieve.
Our top tip
It is never a good idea to have a facial a few days before a wedding or night out! Sometimes a facial can bring out more spots, so the skin may become worse before it gets better, your skin will improve (what you have to keep in mind is that some of the products we use will bring out all the dirt and impurities from your skin).
After your appointment
- It is recommended that you do not apply makeup for up to 12 hours after your treatment to allow the skin to fully absorb the products used in your treatment, it also allows the skin to ‘breathe’ so as not to clog the pores.
- Drinking plenty of water (1.5-2 litres per day) will greatly improve the skins complexion and help rid the body of toxins giving your skin a healthy glow.
- Try to avoid alcohol and caffeine where possible as these are highly dehydrating to theskin, resulting in dry, dull skin.
- Try to avoid sun exposure immediately after your treatment as the top layer of skin cells have been removed during your facial, therefore making your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
- Always protect your skin from UV light using an SPF on a daily basis, this will help prevent skin damage.
- Avoid sun beds and direct heat, such as saunas for 48hrs.
- Aim to eat a balanced diet including at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables per day.
- For increased results, use the recommended products advised during your treatment, aiming to cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin twice a day and exfoliate and apply a mask twice per week. This will improve your skin and ensure your facial treatment is more effective.