We are excited to announce that Thai Foot Massage will be available at the salon from mid- January with Louise!
Thai Foot massage works on similar principles as Reflexology covering the feet and the lower leg. It involves hands on massage and stretching techniques opening the ‘Sen’ energy lines, along with the use of a traditional Thai massage stick.
Pressure is applied on specific reflex points on the feet to stimulate the internal organs, encouraging the body and mind to balance as well as activating the body’s natural healing mechanism. The circulation of both blood and lymphatic fluid will be improved and the immune system boosted as well as stimulating the elimination of toxins.
The treatment is a wonderful stress reliever, promoting deep relaxation as well as invigorating, and has the aim of balancing the body and encouraging good health.
How does Thai Foot Massage differ from traditional reflexology?
Traditional reflexology is an energy treatment that is performed just on the feet. Thai Foot Massage combines the energy healing benefits of reflexology with the benefits of therapeutic massage by incorporating the entire lower leg, knee and foot in the treatment.
The reflex points are not examined during this treatment and it is combining the massage techniques and the working of the energy lines that differentiates it from reflexology.
What are the benefits?
This treatment is perfect for feet and legs and is particularly beneficial for those who stand on their feet all day long, or feel they lack flexibility in their feet and ankles, the many potential benefits of a Thai Foot massage treatment are:
- Improves circulation systemically and especially in the feet and legs
- Stimulates the lymphatic system which helps reduce swelling, detoxify the body and speed regeneration of tissues and cells.
- Provides a boost for the immune system since the lymphatic and immune systems are linked
- Reduces stiffness and improves flexibility in the feet and ankles
- Reduces pain and stiffness resulting from things like workouts, athletics or working on your feet
- Improves stress levels, sleep, headaches, mood, thought clarity and overall wellbeing
What does a Thai Foot Treatment involve ?
The massage includes manipulation of the feet, knees and lower legs delivered on a massage table. I use my hands and special tools to stimulate pressure points and relieve muscle tension.
You will remain fully clothed during your treatment. Please wear a garment that can be easily raised above the knee.
Thai Foot Massage is a 60 minute treatment.