When we are stressed and have aching muscles after a week of work, we usually book an appointment for a massage to keep us relaxed. But the next time you consider having a massage, you may want to consider one that is using CBD infused massage oil. A great massage with CBD infused oil is a great way to relax and unwind. CBD infused massages create a more relaxing massage because it infuses your body and senses allowing all your joints and muscles to be stimulated.
What is CBD ?
Your body naturally produces a chemical called cannabinoids through the endocannabinoid system. This system is responsible for sleep, memory, appetite, and immune function. CBD oil, a type of cannabinoid, can produce similar effects within the body.
CBD (or Cannabidiol) is an element found in cannabis plants that’s commonly used for many health and wellness benefits, especially to alleviate inflammation and pain. Our bodies have native receptors for ‘cannabinoids’ so that they can be set to work straight away, healing irritation, balancing oil, minimising signs of ageing and moisturising.
People are still often cautious of using CBD oils as they sometimes confuse CBD with THC, but there are actually stark differences between the two. CBD oil does not have any psychoactive effects since it does not contain THC (the “high” compound in cannabis). CBD massage oil is applied topically, so it does not penetrate deep enough into the bloodstream to affect the entire endocannabinoid system, and therefore targets the specific areas of the body that may need particular attention.
Benefits of a CBD Massage
During a massage, pressure is applied to your muscles, ligaments, and tendons in order to rub out knots and alleviate tension, infusing massages with CBD oil has been shown to reduce inflammation, relieve and ease pain, enhance healing and alleviate stress levels.
Other benefits of CBD infused massages oil are:
• Improves balance of mental health for anxiety and depression due to the relaxing and soothing effects
• Pain and inflammation reduction for muscle tension, soft tissue strains, sports injuries, and joint pain
• Rehabilitates muscles especially those inflicted with various injuries, and wear and tear.
• Relief for fibromyalgia, a nervous system disorder that causes tenderness and chronic pain
• Reduced insomnia issues as they relate to stress or mental fatigue
• Increased sensory Stimulation, as it infuses the body and senses it increased blood flow, allowing all joints and muscles to be stimulated
• Lowers blood pressure
• Improves the digestive system
• Soothes, moisturises and improves overall skin tone and make you feel refreshed.
We would always recommend anybody considering CBD infused massage for the first time consult a medical professional first to ensure it is the best step for you.