When making new years resolutions and setting your yearly goals do not forget to set goals for your own self-care and wellbeing. Self care is so important we need to be kind to ourselves and nourish our soul during these dark winter months. Low mood is much more common at this time of year. This is thought to be due to the lack of natural sunlight, which affects our daily body rhythms. Your personal growth is in your hands so commit to a few changes today with Esme and Louise’s quick and easy January selfcare tips.
• Wrap up and go for a walk – Being invigorated is just as important as relaxing. So put on your scarf, gloves, hat, and warmest coat, and go for a brisk walk, getting your body moving floods you with feel-good endorphins.
• Curl up with a book – In order to rest, relax and destress, how about grabbing some soft cushions, a fluffy blanket, and curl up with a book in your comfiest chair, reading is a great way to calm your mind.
• Nourish yourself – Although you may be craving all the carbs and sugar right now, do your best to consume whole, nutrient-dense foods including fruits and veggies to nourish and warm your body and spirit.
• Take the time to think and be thankful – Try to stop rushing around so much and take the time to spend alone with your thoughts, taking the time to think about the positive rather than the negative and things to be thankful for, this helps you put things into perspective and calms the mind. Gratitude is thought to improve psychological health and help reduce toxic emotions.
• Treat yourself – You know what they say, a little bit of what you love, no list of self-care activities would be complete without a bit of indulgence, and when we reopen why not treat yourself to one of our TLC massage offers …. a warm heated bed, cosy blankets, fluffy towels and time for you, it doesn’t get much better than that!